Voter Registration/Elections Department
November General Election
- If you have a Virginia issued Driver’s License or State ID, you may complete an absentee application online. Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation. Follow the prompts to apply to vote absentee by mail.
- Follow this link to print a paper application.
- Call 434-432-7971 to request an application be mailed to you.
Submitting Absentee Application
- Print, complete, and sign a paper application
- By mail: Pittsylvania County Voter Registration ATTN: Absentee, 110 Old Chatham Elementary Lane, Chatham, VA 24531
- By Fax: 434-432-7973
- By scanned attachment - email: email@example.com.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the application reached the Election Office before the deadline.
Deadline to apply
Submitting Absentee Ballot
- Absentee ballot drop boxes are located at the Election Office at 110 Old Chatham Elementary Lane, Chatham, VA, and at the Satellite Voter Center at the Olde Dominion AG Center, 19783 US Hwy 29 South, Chatham, VA. The ballot drop boxes will be available during normal business hours through Nov. 3, 2020. Ballot drop boxes will be collected at a minimum daily.
- Absentee ballots may also be dropped off on election day at any polling place before 7 pm.
- An absentee ballot may be mailed to 110 Old Chatham Elementary Lane, Chatham, VA 24531, and must be postmarked by Nov. 3, 2020.
Satellite Voter Center
- Any registered voter may vote early in person on a voting machine at the Satellite Voter Center, located at the Olde Dominion AG Center, 19783 US Hwy 29 South, Chatham, VA.
- The Satellite will be open on Monday – Friday, Sept. 18 - Oct. 31 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Drive-through voting will be available in the arena on Saturday, Oct. 24th, as well as Saturday, Oct. 31st from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 31 is the LAST day to vote in person before Election Day.
- Anyone with a fever will be asked to vote from their car.
- Early voting will NOT be available at the Election Office.
Officers of Elections Wanted!
Register to Vote
- Register to vote
- View or update your voter registration record
- Where do I vote?
- Offices we elect, terms and election date information