Voter Registration & Elections Department
OFFICIAL ORDER FOR JUNE PRIMARY ELECTION
June 9th NOW June 23, 2020 Primary
The last day to register or update your registration to vote in the June Primary is Tuesday, May 26, 2020. All registrations must be received or postmarked by this date.
The Department of Elections has received from the appropriate authority notice requesting a Primary Election.
The Republican Party has called for a Primary Election to be held on Tuesday,
June 9, 2020, Now, Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020. for the purpose of nominating a candidate for U. S. Senate.
The Democratic Party has called for a Primary Election to be held on Tuesday,
June 9, 2020, Now, Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020. for the purpose of nominating a candidate for 5th District, U. S. House of Representatives. Voters will only be able to vote in one of the primaries. Voters will be asked which primary they choose to vote in.
Voters are strongly encouraged to vote by mail in the upcoming elections. Absentee applications can be completed at www.elections.virginia.gov or request an application by calling our office. To complete the process online, the voter must provide their DMV ID (driver’s license) AND social security number. To begin: select “Casting a Ballot” from the top menu. Provide the information to log in. On the next page, select “I want to apply for absentee voting.” Follow the prompts. The voter will be asked to select from a list of reasons for requesting a ballot. For example, if the voter is ill or avoiding illness, they will select, “My disability or illness.” If the voter chooses to download and use a paper form, the same reason is code 2A. A paper form must be signed and mailed to Pittsylvania County, 110 Old Chatham Elementary Lane, Chatham, VA 24531.
Other ways to apply:
- By email at email@example.com - Submit full name and address for each applicant.
- By printing the application and mailing it to the voter registration office.
- By calling 434.432.7971, leave a voicemail stating your full name, mailing address, and the number of applications you require.
- Applications and ballots can be mailed to, Voter Registration, 110 Old Chatham Elementary Lane, Chatham, VA 24531.
- The deadline to submit for an absentee ballot is Tuesday, June 16th by 5 pm.
- The deadline to received voted ballots is Tuesday, June 23th by 7 pm.
As an alternative to mailing an absentee ballot, in-person absentee voting will be available beginning on
Friday, April 24th. Now - May 8th, 2020.
Instructions for in-person absentee voting:
- To protect the health of our staff and citizens, we request you to wear a mask while voting.
- Voting hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The deadline to vote an absentee in-person is Saturday, June 20th at 5 pm.
If you have any questions, email County Registrar Kelly Keesee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Officers of Elections Wanted!
Be a part of making history! Citizens serving as an Officer of Elections will receive training and compensation. To learn more about becoming an Officer of Elections contact our office at 434-432-7971
Register to Vote
- Register to vote
- View or update your voter registration record
- Where do I vote?
- Offices we elect, terms and election date information
More Voting information can be found at Virginia Department of Elections website
Voter Cards stopped being issued on July 1, 2015
Per 24.2-404 (Changes created by Chapter 740, Acts of Assembly 2015) Voter Cards have been replaced with a voter information notice letter. This change was a result of the law passed in 2014 requiring a Photo ID to vote.